John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let the adventure begin!


On March 15 2013, I gazed upon this little face for the first time, I had been praying the night before that we could have progress and direction. 
I woke up the next morning with a certain word repeating in my head. It was stuck there, kind of like a song gets stuck in your head on repeat.  
An hour later, I followed an email to WACAPs waiting child list. 
Chu was the first child on the list. I actually past him by.  I think it was because he was so sad. 
Something told me to go back. To give him a chance. 
I did. 
I clicked on his picture to read more about him. His SN was the word that had been repeating in my head. 
I felt excitement, chills, and oddly an urgency. Like he was mine and I needed to get to him fast. 

I called and asked for his file. When I saw this next picture it just confirmed what I already new. This cute little boy in a dress...
He was ours! 
That our adoption  journey had finally begun! 
But... First, Shane had to be on board. 
I have to tell you, Shane had seen A LOT of kiddos in the past couple of months. I had been stocking the waiting child sites and had started advocating for a few kids. 
Shane had heard many, "Awww... Aren't they cute?" 
 (None of the kids had felt like ours and I wasn't perusing them. Just wanting to help find their families.) 
I had heard from Shane, "yup, not ours."
Ha! I still laugh at it. 
So when I found Chu, I wasn't sure Shane would take me serious. I was ready to fight. To plead. 
Shane studied and read for like Ev-Er! 

Suddenly, he looked up and said, "he's cute. Let's go get him. "


Exactly one year later we will be in China getting our son. 
I knew when I saw him, it would be a journey,  an adventure. It has been. 
It's been a mental adventure. It's been a spiritual adventure. Oh, the things I've learned.
And tomarrow we hop on a plane to begin the physical adventure. 
Wow....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy