John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Son



I woke up this morning to three little ones yelling in unison, "Mommy and Daddy wake up it's Easter day!" As I lay there wrapping my tired brain around the fact that it was indeed Easter morning I listened to the birds singing. My littlest was fast asleep in between Shane and I. I snuggled her closer to me and listened to Shane snoring along with the birds. I could tell it was going to be a beautiful day!

We have always made our little ones come and get us before running to see what the Easter bunny /or Santa has brought them. Today wasn't any different. I like to be ahead of the kids so I can capture that moment of complete happiness on their darling little faces. If you don't already do this you are most definitely missing out.

The children dug into their baskets with glee. The girls trying out their new bonnets and Q was terribly happy for his Gorilla snot hair gel. Ha

Lydia Rose our littlest one was much more into everyone else's basket then her own. We all laughed as she toddled from basket to basket to explore.

I couldn't help but think of another little one all the way around the world who might night get to toddle around outside his crib, let alone look inside baskets. Who woke up this morning not knowing it was Easter.  Not knowing that his Momma and Baba were loving and missing him before we've even met him. Not knowing that the Easter bunny left him a basket in our home. Not knowing that he is a prince. That he has a heavenly father who loves Him too.

That's right. We are adopting!

 I can't tell you a whole lot right now. I will tell you it all eventually. I can tell you he is in China. Despite seeing 100's of little orphan's faces, when I saw this little face, I knew God had chosen this little fellow for us. He is beautiful, in our opinion,  and special. We will be blessed to call him son (ai tz) and brother (didi). Not the other way around.

Until he comes home...I am thankful to know heavenly father is watching over him. I'm very thankful for a father in heaven who gave his own son to save us all so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy