John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Adoption RollerCoaster Ride

I am on it! I have to admit that Monday and Tuesday I was an absolute wreck! 

First of all, adopting women still get (kind of pregnant) hormones! Just take my word for it!  If you don't believe me, I'm sure Dear Hubby will be happy to complain...I mean tell you all about it.

Second, That little fellow who's growing in my heart had or is having his birthday. That's hard on a momma's heart. I can't help but wonder if his birthday will be acknowledged in any way. I do think his orphanage is known to have good nannies. So that is a relief.  But birthdays, I'm sure are rarely celebrated.

Third, I can't talk about him to very many people. I like to talk. I like to talk about my children. He's one of them. Some of my favorite people don't know we are adopting yet. So that's a double whammy.

But since I'm on the rollercoaster ride. The blubbering stopped abruptly  at 10:39 a.m. today.  We have PA! For those who don't know, PA stands for pre-approval. Basically, China  says we are pre-approved to adopt our little guy. This is pretty much the first step (in about 15) in this long process. I have already filled out 20 plus papers and yup we are just starting.

But PA makes me so happy! That means he is ours. Until now, someone who was further in the process could have taken him. (For lack of better words.) My heart would already break if that would have happened. 

So he is ours. Happy! Happy!  Happy birthday to our little son! We are coming slow but sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy