John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Friday, May 23, 2014

How did we get so lucky?



"Out of all the kids how did you get so lucky to get him?" My sweet sister in law asked upon meeting him. 
" I know," I said and had to choke back tears as I watched him smile and the whole room light up. 

I think about this a lot! 
I just read there are 575,000 orphans in the regular orphanages or social welfare institutes in China. But if you add the outside groups like foster homes, there are around a million children. 

Plus, there's another group of children...

 There are children who aren't lucky enough to live in an swi- The street children. (This is a whole other topic that I won't get into. A very sad topic) 

My point is that their are millions of Orphans and that's just in China! 

I saw a handful of those kids with my very own eyes! 

 I've decided to share a few pictures with you today. 

Here's their beautiful darling faces. 

This last little girl in yellow was the one Shane would have ran with! Oh, that little face! 

What did you see? I bet a lot of you are saying "Well, it has cute stickers and it's bright. " 
When I looked at orphanage photos a year ago, I thought that too. 

But while I was there, I don't remember seein those stickers! Or thinking it was bright and happy. 

It was dark. 
It was dreary. 
It smelled like illness and sweat. 

I could feel their pain!
These children ARE in pain! They hurt! It is a hurt that most of us have never felt! A hurt I would NOT wish on anyone!

They need us and they need us now! 

Showing you this one again. 



Did you catch that this is our Chu? 
I'm sure some of you did. 

Confession: 
Most pictures that I put on my FB page were photoshopped to give Chu good coloring. I picked out the cutest pictures and doctored them but this was the reality. 

Obviously, I didn't want to face it! 

This was the picture that made me realize my son wasn't waiting in a happy/Rich loving environment. 
He was an orphan. 
He was in pain! 

He needed me! 

He needed me right then! He didn't get me for another half of year! 

He'd weighed the same weight for over 2 years! 


In two months he has gained 4 pounds!  

There was no reason for him to not gain! None! 

It was senseless. 

How did we get so lucky to get
This squishy little dude that giggles at our mere touch... Sometimes he giggles simply because I look at him. 
 
This little dude who pulls funny faces just to make us laugh. 
We lovingly call this face his "crazy Kung foo face" He has perfect comical timing! Pulls this face anytime we get too serious! Lol

This little dude who soaking up love like a sponge and is trying his hardest to give 10 x more love back. 
He can't quite pucker his lips and his kisses sound more like "mop" then a "smooch."


Chu is darling! He is precious! How did we get so lucky?
 
The statistics are high! 

 You could get lucky too! 
There's lots of darling children waiting! Lots of cute personalities hiding behind these sad faces! 
Give them a chance! 

Pray for them! Pray for what our Heavenly Father wants you to do for them. It might be to...

Donate to Love without Boundaries
(Not UNICEF!) 

Donate to adoption funds! (Heck, if someone would give us the money we'd be back for the little girl in yellow.;) )

Adopt yourself! You'll be amazed how The Lord provides the money and the room in your heart. 

Don't forget them! 
They need you now!










1 comment:

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy