John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Friday, August 28, 2015

The Least of These.


I should be cleaning. I should be tackling the Mount Everest that is my laundry pile right now, but I'm not. 

I have a feeling so strong that it cannot be denied. Tears are streaming down my face and I need to write it out. 
I pray, "Dear Father, please help me to write this in a way that is pleasing to thee and not from the sadness that I feel in my heart." 

Here goes. I'm an orphan advocate. I'm a crappy one, but still, I'm an advocate. At times I've been an okay advocate, posting kids and following until, at last, they come home. Some days, it's sending a pm to someone and saying, "Did you see this amazing child?" or maybe they are already looking at a child and I have more info on that child then what's in the child's short file.  Sometimes, I simply post a child's picture and that's that. On really bad days, maybe  all I accomplish is a prayer for a child or children.  The bad days happen way to often.

I have big plans of someday becoming an awesome advocate
But.. advocating is NOT about me.  It's about THEM. The children that are waiting. The ones who don't have a voice. The ones that long for a kiss and a snuggle. Precious children with innocent smiles who need a mom and dad so badly. One person who doesn't leave...

I speak for those children. 

Today, I'm writing from a broken heart because I've seen several children declined by families for reasons that don't make sense to me. But my heart is truly broken for a precious baby girl who left this world today before having a chance to have a family. 

Dear friends whether your searching for your child, or advocating
please let me offer one MAJORLY HUGE yet very simple tip. (I suspect most advocates already do this. )

*Before you open any child's file, Say a prayer. But instead of asking, "Is this child mine." Ask instead, "Father, how can I help this child? and Dear Lord, help me to see this precious child with YOUR loving eyes not mine." 

(You can do this with pray over a picture that comes across your news feed too. )

Then dear friends, Open the file and LOOK at the picture. Look into this childs eyes. Really see that this little one is not just a file but a real live precious human. A child that our father in heaven loves very much. 

I understand that you don't want to be attached.  I do.There was a time when I did the same thing. But friends if we really care about the Orphan cause, it's not about us. It's about them. 

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matt. 25:40


"Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." Mark 10:14








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy