John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Iris' family day.

IAs you know, we were up at 4 a.m. 
She was making noise in her crib and I told Shane. 
"I can't handle it! I want to go get her and snuggle her, should I?"
Shane didn't answer he got up and walked over to the crib. Her bright eyes were wide awake. 
"She's awake." He said and bent down and picked her up. 
She promptly started screaming. Lol 
 
I'm sure we scare her. 
He handed her to me in the bed and she was having none of it! Lol 
So we got up and bounced and calmed her Down. She is so gorgeous even in her screamy state. 
After she calmed down I layed beside her on the bed and just admired her and kept thinking what will we name this sweet girl. I kept throwing out names and thinking none of them are right. 
I kept coming back to Iris. I know you know all this so I'll move on. 

She loves her feet. She lays down and those feet come right up. 
It's so cute. 
I was so excited to take her to breakfast and see how she did with all the food. 
She loves food and it's so cute to watch her eat. She's like a little bunny. Her nose moves up and down in the cutest way. 
We then went back to the civil affairs office.  Our awesome guide got us there early and put our paperwork in.  

We went up the elevator and back down a few times doing different paper work. 

We were interviewed twice. One was a simple one asking basic info. 
The next interview we were asked about her personality. What her sn was. Do we find her suitable? You bet your booty we do. Lol  I didn't answer that way. I told the lady, "yes, she's lovely" 
Do we promise to never abandoned her or mistreat her? "Yes! Yes!" We will love you forever darling! 
And we signed off on her new name. Which I'm still surprised about and totally thrilled! 

It fits her so perfectly! And guess what?! 
Months ago, when we were skyping we had told Sandra that we were considering three names and we told Sandra what the names was. Iris was one of the three names. Well the next week when we skyped, Sandra said, "I've been calling her Iris" 
Well Shane and I laughed because we had picked a different name. 

Well we called her this other name for a whole month. We even told Sandra to call her this other name. Then one day it just seemed "wrong" So there we were back to the drawing board.  No decisions were made until family day. As you know, we picked Iris Mei.  
Then Friday we went to House of Grace.
I told Sandra, "Your going to think we're nuts, Sandra but we changed her name." 
"To what" she asked
"Iris"
Sandra slapped her knee and laughed. "I knew it! Months ago I prayed and I knew she was an Iris" 
So how neat is that? Her  Nai Nai (China grandma) knew all along she was an Iris. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy