John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A gift



We have four bio kids. We only have one bio son "Q". He is our oldest. He is brilliantly smart. In fact, I often marvel at where this genius comes from. We tease that he must have  got the very best of my dear hubby and I . He also received both of our stubbornness. Ha

It's safe to say that Q is spoiled being the only boy. He will have to share his room which he isn't to sure about. This is just one of the many sacrifices and adjustments Q will have to go through.

I dearly want for him to know the love of brothers. I think because I was the only girl growing up, I knew I missed out on true sister hood. (Although, I have many women in my life I think of sisters) I don't want him to miss out on brotherhood. My prayer for Q and  our little Chinese son is that they will bond and fill a missing part of each others life. That they will learn together , love together and maybe get into a little mischief together. Just a little.


I have most definitely been worried about what Q is really thinking. He is no longer a tiny little boy who comes to his Momma and tells her everything.
Tonight, I had the privilege of hearing Q's sweet prayer. As I listened to him talk to his heavenly father I felt peace. Q prayed for His brother to come home soon and that they would get along. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks. This was a gift for me from my heavenly father.
Will things be perfect when our Chinese son comes home. I highly doubt it! We are not perfect people but with lots of prayer, patience, and love we will be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy