John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3/25

Today was our Consulate appointment. Its a big deal because it's the last step!! It's were you apply for your child's American visa.  
It was pretty simple and short. We basically just had to promise that everything written was the truth and that we would take care of Chu. 

We then had a free afternoon, so we ate lunch and went back over to the Shamian island. It's has quite a few American colonial buildings and it has a lot of trees. 
We stopped in a little store called Amy's. I had boughten a silk blanket for Chu the day before and decided I wanted one for Lydia too. 
She wanted about $20.00 and I said $10.00. 
She asked me if I was Christian and I said yes. She said, "Then for you, I do $10.00 sister."
So then I felt guilty. Haha...
I asked her about pink pearls and she sat there and strung  me a whole necklace. 

Shane and I decided we just are not good at bargaining with people. Not good at all. There just comes a point when your thinking about all that we have at home like a beautiful home, running drinkable water, land, and plenty of food. Americans are rich! The majority of us are spoiled so what's a few bucks? 


We bought more souvenirs and ate at a place called Jenny's. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and it was to die for. Not kidding. Delish! Of course, I my have been desperate. Lol

The taxi to and from the Shamian island was wild.  I know my life passed before my eyes several times. We buckled Questen in the on and only seatbelt and wrapped our arms around each other. 

We're also starting to pack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy