John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

2 weeks in counting!

Putting my heart on my sleeve today. 
I'm sure I post a lot, but BELIEVE me, there is a lot I'm not posting. 
We leave in less then two weeks! We are very close! We are very excited! 
We are also very sad to be leaving our girls! It's going to take the strength of millions for this momma to walk away from her girlies! I keep thinking of the parable of the lost sheep. Leave the 99 to go after the one... 
Now, don't take that wrong. I am not comparing myself to Christ. I'm to imperfect for that. The scripture just gives me comfort.
And for those who have lost count of our children we don't really have 99. Although, it may seem that way.

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come for you" has been the scripture that captured my heart through this process.
It is time... It is time to come for Chu! Shane and I are not saviors and don't view ourselves that way. In fact, we are all too aware of our imperfections.
If we got the call that Questen (our oldest bio child) was In a foreign country and needed us to go get him. We would drop everything to get our son home.

This little boy... that's all the way around the world... IS our SON too and we will go get him and bring him home where he belongs!

Back in July, I experienced some doubt. One person had said something and I let that thought seep into my heart and create doubt.
I dropped to my knees and prayed for confirmation that we were doing the right thing.
Heavenly Father sent us video! Up until then we had just 6 little pictures of a little boy in a dress. No knowledge of our sons personality, just faith.
One friend said, "Lacy, there's angels all around him. I can feel it!"
Gosh, I'm not sure what Shane and I did to be so blessed. Must have been something really good, to be blessed with 4 beautiful children and now Chu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy