John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

3/16 train ride to Henan

We didn't need to meet Rock until 10:40 this morning but we were all wide awake at 6:00. I had been awake since 3:00. Except for one second when I was asleep long enough to dream about American pie and home made whip cream. Lol That hazards of time zones and smog taste stuck in my mouth has me a bit cray-ha-z! Lol
We were ready early, ate breakfast, and resituated our bags. 
We met rock in the lobby and off we went.  I felt a bit meloncholy leaving Beijing. I'm amazed at how much I love that city. I'm not a city girl, at all. But I will miss Beijing. 
Rock guided us clear through the train station and clear on the train. It was so easy with him there. 
 Rock was an excellent guide. We knew he had our backs every second. He was kind and went way out of his way to take care of us. 
I wish I could move him and his family home with us. Where I knew his babies could grow up safe and free.
The train was such an easy way to travel! A lot like a plain except no checking baggage. No taking off shoes. No seat belts. Big huge windows to see the country side. 
There was tons and tons of feilds. You could see the people out working in the feilds. I never could get a picture of them with the 200+ mph speed. 
There was a lot of older brick buildings. The buildings were two stories with arched windows on top. 
There was a lot of garbage littering their beautiful fields and quite a bit of rubble. 
You could see what I think was cemetaries. Right smack in the middle of a green field would be dirt mounds with head stones. Very interesting. 
We got off the train to Zhengzhou, Henan. This is the town where we will get Chu! :)
Our guide was there and drove us to our hotel. 
We checked into our hotel and I was disappointed to not see a crib. I mentioned it to our guide and he said, "cribs never in room for adopting families." This isn't true. I can't tell you how many posts I've seen with not just a crib waiting but also has bumpers, and bedding. 
The room is a bit dirty and hot. We are hoping to move but it's not going to happen until tomorrow. 
Which might be hard with a grieving child. 
On a happy note we are healthy, safe, and very happy!!! It's time for bed and we get to wake up and go get our boy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the train. We did, too, only we took it from Xi'An to Zhengzhou. What hotel are you in? Soon...very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy