John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

3/20 Shao Lin Temple.

And everybody was Gung Foo figh-ten
They were fast as light- nen....
 

Today we went to the Shaolin Temple
It's about a 2 hour drive from Zhenghou. 
It's a temple for Budism. This is also the place Gung Foo was invented. 


These Pagodas are where the famous/ wel known monks are buried. 
This was before we left Questen is in his Just Kicken it shirt and Chu is in his Kong Foo shirt. I bought it off the internet not knowing I made a foo paw. 
Mandarin Chinese say Gung foo instead of Kung foo. 



So my boys were really really popular there. So popular the teenage girls were surrounding them asking for pictures. 
At one point Q was surrounded by 8-10 girls. Older girls. "You so cute" they would say. "I take you home?"
Then one girl said, "I kiss you" and before Questen could answere she did. Bahahahaha... Questen got his first kiss in China at the shaolin temple, in front of his mom. 

One of the original monks climbed to the top of these mountains. Lived in a cave for 9 years. According to our guide. He studied the animals like monkeys, tigers, snakes, birds and I think bugs. 
Wa la! Gung Foo



Here's some little guys exercising and playing. They're from one of the many boarding schools. Little boys start school at 5 and only come home for Chinese New Year. 

Of course, Shane had to check out the sword shop. Lol
He sure wanted to buy one but we couldn't get it home. 

More kids practicing Kung Foo and man! They are good! 
We all laughed and said Chu would be an awesome monk with his Zen like nature. Which caused me to ask... Where do monks come from? 
I assumed that the kids from the school would ask to be a monk. 
My guide said, sometimes monks picked out of Orphanages. 
This made me really sad. I've seen where these kids come from. Monks live with no luxuries, very little food, no family to love them. It's a very hard life. These kids need a chance to be loved. 


This was my View on the drive home. 
Best view ev-er! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you blog every day while you are there...so cool! Thanks for sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy