John:14:18

I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you...John 14:18
This is a sweet reminiscence of our adoption journey to our son.

Monday, March 17, 2014

We will always come for Chu

Chuday
was the best day! 
We got up and ready like nourmal. Went down to breakfast at the hotel. It seemed so so nourmal that it worried me. 
What if I'm numb? What if we don't feel anything when we see him? 
We ran into other adopting families and I did feel a tinge of nerves but still it was just so weird for it to feel so nourmal. 
We met our guide (who I wasn't sure I liked but redeemed himself when he ran outside to help a lady carry a wheel chair) down in the lobby and off we went. 
We drove to basically a city affairs building for Zhenghou.
We were the first ones there. We filled out paperwork then waited for a hour. Finally at 10:00 one little boy from a different orphanage came. He was crying. I started to get a little nervous. and then we waited some more. 
I realized all three if us were pacing. Lol
Then other adoptive parents walked in and there kids walked in right behind them. We took pictures of a couple of gotchas. We watched as the babies cried. We watched as the momma's and babbas cried. 
I looked at Shane and we were both crying too. 
10 minutes passed and still no Chu! 
20 minutes still no Chu! 
I had to make myself stop twisting the leg of the stuffed panda I was holding. 
By then. Even our guide was anxious and he went clear out in the parking lot to look. 
We ended up standing on the front steps out side waiting until we got to hot and stepped back in just in time to see the director carrying our Chu in through another door! He snuck up on us. Lol
I recognized him simply because of his outfit. It was one of the outfits we sent to the swi. (My friend Brandy had donated it. He's in the same outfit in the picture I posted a couple of weeks ago.) 
They had cut his hair and he was just so small. I had to double take to make sure it was him. 
We had decided to have Shane take him first. It helps with bonding. 
So Shane approached slowly as I took pictures and forced  myself to not run up to Chu and grab him. Lol
Chu went right to Shane and I watched as my dear sweet husband teared up. I looked at Questen and he had teared up too. No need to tell you I was too. 
It was amazing! I felt it all! 
Then it was my turn. Chu came to me so calmly and snuggled right into my heart. 
He is so beautiful and lovable! 
He kept looking at me out of the corner of his eye like "who is this crazy lady?" It was so funny and cute. He just let us cradle him and love on him. 
Gosh, we really do love him! 
We had to fill out more paperwork and the director told us to put him down and let him walk. So Shane put him down. He took 5 wobbly steps and reached out to me. Be still my heart! 
We came back to our hotel. Shane ran and got us food while Questen and a I bathed him in the sink. 
He had two layers of clothes on. The outfit we sent him and another pink jogging outfit. Both very warm. His shoes are tiny. Like three inches long. 
He's is about 24 inches long and I'm guessing he weighs about 13 pounds. 
He is scrawny. His little  bum is so so tiny. Theres not an ounce of meat on him. Taking off his clothes is when we heard his first cry and He hated the bath. He has such a tiny cry. Very weak and quiet. 

This precious boy has been tought  not to make noise and he doesn't. 

He is quickly becoming Velcro baby. If I set him down he gets the saddest little frown and slowly his face scrunches up into the saddest little cry. 

He seems so baby-ish. Maybe like a 9 month or 12 month old.  But still waters run deep. He is smart. When we hand him a book he can turn pages. He points to things. He can waive hello. He falls asleep with his toys in his hand and won't let them go. He finally has toys of his own! 
Yet he lays right back in my arms and will let me feed him a bottle. Which he downs 8 oz in one minute flat! 
The director said he gets one bottle and two meals of rice and veggies. Not anymore. He will be fed on demand! Anytime he wants. 

We feel so blessed! He has smiled at us and Wow! How lucky are we to get him! 

Just a little bit ago, he fell asleep in my arms and I laid him in the crib. (Which we finally got by the way. (And a fresh clean room.)  I walked away but heard a funny noise. When I walked back to the crib he was crying silently. Tears streaming down his face. No noise. Why make noise when no one comes? 
I will son. 
Make noise precious angel
Momma and Babba will come! 
We will always come for Chu. 



Better pictures coming soon. Here's some teasers. 

6 comments:

  1. Lacy, weeping for the sheer beauty of your declaration that you will come. You and baba will always come for him. Such a beautiful picture of Father, who is constantly whispering, "I see you. I have come for you." Thank you for this glimpse into the very private first moments of your new family. Smiling thinking of good nutritious food coursing through that teeny body and building that beautiful boy up. Praying you home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwww! Sounds like the perfect day - well aside from having to wait so long for the director to show up! So, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Oh wow. So glad he has you!!!! I'm so sad he's so tiny, and that he's not the only one. =( Thank the Lord you have come for him!!!
    -Beka

    ReplyDelete
  4. That post is so sweet. I hate it when people tell me how lucky or blessed my children are to have us as parents, makes me feel so guilty because Pat and I are the ones who are blessed with these sweet children, they are stuck with us:), but I'm going to say it, Chu is so lucky to have you guys. It sounds like he needs you, it made me almost cry when you talked about him crying silently, how sad. I think you are ALL blessed to have each other!
    ~Mindy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...just beautiful!! There are no words as I cry tears of joy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just wow! I love this story and it has the greatest beginning! Not ending, his life is not ending, it's only beginning! So touching that he has to cry in silence, now he is in good hands and will hopefully open up someday. Can't even imagine what this tiny little boy has gone thru mentally being in an orphanage, it must have been so lonely. I am so happy that your family has taken him in to love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment-Lacy